Total Pageviews

Monday 21 December 2015

21st December, 2015...Rosie's birthday blog!

End of term finally.....and it has been the most shattering term ever....no staff party for me this year....dressing gown on, cheese and crackers, sofa and catch-up watching of 'The Affair'!! Bliss!! We had our usual lovely Christingle finish to the year.......

 
.....so by Friday morning we were ready for a walk to Furness Abbey.....
 
 
...it was a lovely, peaceful way to start the holidays.....
 
 
...looking green and tranquil down here...
 
 
 
...ha ha...coming up to our 33rd anniversary of meeting this week!!! I guess you can tell that I turned out to be rather a good cook!!And,of course, Rosie is 31 today...we had an early brunch at The Custom House by way of celebration....
 
 
 
......that's me with Rosie 31 years ago!!!
 
 
We didn't have a lot back then, and I was a student (can you tell!!)...but we all inherited the Exley Eyebrows!!!
 
 
 
That's Rosie with my nan and granddad....they've been gone a long time now, but never forgotten....we often liken Frankie's temperament to my nan's!!!
 
 
When that huge golden thing appeared in the sky this morning, we did a bit of sunrise chasing, and finally caught up with it, lighting up Holbeck.....When I left school at half past eleven it was pouring again....what happened!!!
 
 
By mid day we were having a wet and windy catch up with Santa!!!
 
 
 
It is hard to believe that we are at the winter solstice...it feels positively spring like down at Furness Abbey, and I haven't had to cut my garden back at all...the Margaritas are still in full flower! Still got a few Abbey House and Last Resort catch ups with family and friends, before we are off to LANGDALE CHASE for Christmas lunch!!!!! I've even bought a dress!
 
 
 
 
Best wishes to you all...Santa will be on his way very soon!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment