Total Pageviews

Friday 13 March 2020

13th March, 2020......Coronavirus and Friday the Thirteenth!

Lots happening in the world since we last wrote a blog. If this blog sticks around for future generations to read, the world is subject to a global pandemic right at this moment, with the United Kingdom on the brink of what other countries have already tipped into. Travel has been severely curtailed and across the world, people are being advised to put themselves into isolation if they have any symptoms of the virus, and to only seek medical help if it is urgent. The economic futures of some countries have been placed into severe turmoil and the new chancellor of our country, Richie Sunak, has this week delivered a budget that included much financial support to get us through this difficult time. And today, on Friday the thirteenth, the spring sun is finally shining....




Lambing seems to have started in earnest.....


...and the scary looking Texels are running free in the meadow by the beck!



I dedicated our last blog to a fabulous colleague of our who sadly died a few weeks ago. Her family decided to give her a private funeral, so some of us got together and had a little memorial service of our own. My old boss took the lead with this and also planted a holly tree in his field, in her memory. It was a lovely afternoon and we shared some great memories of her, and of our bygone days of working together.



When I left my job, in November, I needed to regroup and also think about what I wanted to do next. I even applied for a job at our beloved Furness Abbey, but that wasn't to be. Since I was a child, I have always wanted to be a writer- I am, and always have been, an avid reader, and I thought this would be my chance to try and fulfil that ambition...so in January, I started three writing projects, A memoire, a fiction novel and a children's book. Just before I started to write this blog, I FINISHED the children's book, and am now researching what to do next.The story has Barrow and Furness Abbey in it (of course!). Who knows what will happen next!

Change is good!









No comments:

Post a Comment