Total Pageviews

Sunday 20 March 2016

20th March, 2016.....Furness Abbey, falconry and fashion...!!!

As my friend and colleague Mr Woody rightly says, I use the exclamation mark quite wrongly!!! If you are a year six teacher at the moment, you understand the joke...if not...thank your lucky stars!!! What a fabulous day though, so we headed off to Furness Abbey for a sunny walk (can't believe we missed Jason Watkins down here on Friday...loved him in 'The lost honour of Christopher Jeffries'!)

 
Who's that giant with me??
 
 
 
Silverband Falconry visited school earlier in the week...fascinating to watch, and kind of mesmerising.....luckily the Harris Hawk didn't swoop down and steal any children, but the local seagull fraternity were not happy with the visit!!
 
 
 
 
 
Stunning!
 
 
First wedding ever for the SteveHillman camera at the new Levens venue The Villa yesterday. And he even bought back a souvenir for our friend Wedgie so that she can expand her 'afternoon tea' horizons.... can feel an Easter tea coming on!!
 
 
Talking of lovely venues, it looked beautiful out the back of Abbey House this afternoon...yet I bet a lot of people don't really explore the grounds when they go there...have a look....
 
 
 
They have a lovely display of daffodils too!
 
 
I think I've been watching too much 'Countryfile'....even my reading materials of choice are reflecting an agricultural or horticultural theme.....
 
 
...the Tracy Chevalier one is fantastic, as always, and I had to stop myself 'binge reading' yesterday, as I had work to do!!! (oops...wrong exclamation marks again...sorry Woody!!). This is my 30th class of kids, and I think they will probably get by without knowing whether a sentence is an exclamation or not...
 
 
...modelling 1980's fashions earlier in the week!!!!!!!
 
 
This was Frankie's first day out after three days in bed with the tonsil problem again.....so a milkshake and scone at Abbey Mill Café was in order....
 
 
So, the question is...will the scales fall from Richard Roper's eyes or will he let Jonathon Pine go???
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment