Total Pageviews

Sunday 7 December 2014

7th December, 2014.......Arctic winds, Dastardly, Muttley and Mike Scott!

Where has that freezing wind come from....we were moaning last week about not needing our cold weather gear this year, when suddenly...phew! The cold didn't deter these families from their Santa Hunting game at Abbey Mill this afternoon!



 
 
We settled for a cup of tea and one of Jacquie's cheese toasties!
 
 
 
It has been a bit of a Christmas Tree fest for us today....Crooklands at ten o'clock to purchase the family Christmas trees, Frankie sprouting a tree on his head, then a visit to the St. Mary's Dalton Christmas Tree festival!
 
 
 
The mad Hillman children get madder every day!
 
 
 
 
The theme this year is 'TV programmes old and new' and there are some stunning trees!
 
 
'When the boat comes in'....remember that!
 
 
Watch with Mother...The Wooden Tops! I'm pretty sure one of my aunties called the large family that I grew up in 'The Wooden Tops'! Cheek!
 
 
Dastardly and Muttley!!!! I loved that programme....I thought of myself as Penelope Pitstop...still do!
 
Bob the Builder!
 
 
Dr. Who....speaking of which 'A Greengate Christmas Carol' takes place this
week...complete with full sized Dalek....come and watch if that makes you curious!! My lovely colleagues and I have dreamed up a blinder this time! The Steve Hillman camera managed to catch the early morning mist on Monday...he sneaked out to Furness Abbey early and captured these.....
 
 
 
Then it was off up to Ambleside with the senior Hillmans for Christmas shopping!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Misbehaving must be in the Hillman genes!! Lovely views on the way back though!
 
 
I'm having an on going debate with two friends of mine...Ellie Goulding's or Mike Scott's version of 'How long will I love you..'. For me, there is no contest... it's Mike's song, but they are both younger and haven't really heard of the Waterboys! (How could you NOT have!!)
 
 
 
YOU decide.....however, I would be happy for Mike Scott himself to come here and convince the 'newbies' of his genius!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment