Total Pageviews

Thursday 2 January 2020

2nd January, 2020...Retirement and Happy New Year!

We haven't blogged for a long time (although we have walked at our beloved Abbey quite a lot)...




….. and there has been a very good reason for that....I have officially left my teaching career behind me and have taken early retirement!! I haven't been well and it seemed the right time to give my health priority- it wasn't an easy decision and I am grateful to the good people who have helped and supported me through the difficult time I have had- family have been everything too- you do find out who's really there for you when you're down, so thanks to all those people! I'm coming out of the other side, I think, and walking in the serene area around Furness Abbey has helped immensely....



Abbey Mill Café looking beautiful and atmospheric in the frost- thanks to Jackie for her supportive messages too!
We even got Christmas done- which was great!



..walking 100 yards up the road with chairs to have Christmas pudding ....


....although some had to drive.......



...the Hillman's post-Christmas look! There have been plenty of weddings as always...



...this one was particularly close to our hearts- the wedding of a former colleague and friend of ours (he has featured in our blog on many occasions, last time was when he left, wearing a Superman suit!) and his recent visit, along with his lovely (now) wife, really lifted our spirits!


…..and I am going to unashamedly give Alyson from POSH flowers a huge thank- you too- I couldn't attend her wreath making class as I was off work, so she kindly made this one for me and sent it over- you don't forget gestures like that!



We did have a rather lovely 'retirement' tea at Abbey House too, which look wonderfully festive as always, and provided a very kind upgrade to my neice and her fiance when they stayed over Christmas! So, we will still be blogging in the New Year, the SteveHillman camera is as busy as ever with weddings and me....I really, really, REALLY want to write!!



















No comments:

Post a Comment