Total Pageviews

Sunday 26 June 2016

26th June, 2016....Forward and backward steps!

That has got to be the busiest few weeks I've had for ages....and all done in the warmest June we've had for years! Little things like eating and sleeping have been relegated to almost the bottom of the priority list.....but I did manage a trip to my hairdresser on Friday...thanks Caroline, you keep me at least looking ok....though I have got into trouble this weekend from SteveHillman himself for buying these jeans....

..."it's the 'vintage' look," I said....."you've got a hole in the knee", he said! We made time for a walk at Furness Abbey today, and met up with friend and colleague Mr Woody and his family...it is looking lovely and green here today...


...the meadows need a haircut too!

In a forward thinking move, the local education authority have allowed their teachers to train to go and check out the work of other teachers (makes sense) so I headed off to the Grange area this week to do just that.....some lovely little shops and places of interest in that area.....






...and my colleagues and I did have a nice lunch at The Hazelmere, sitting in the sunshine, contemplating our next school visit!


Spotted this occupied nest on our travels too! We've completed four school trips since we last blogged too...



.....and hosted a huge, colourful community event....


.....so when we awoke to the 'news' on Friday morning, we were astounded....such a backward step for the people of Britain, and for the citizens of future years. Schools and teachers are trying so hard to teach the values of respect, tolerance, sharing, unity...only to find that a good proportion of our 'kingdom' won't hold to these values when the chips are down...disaster or what! Anyhow, I'm looking to a 'canny' few who might just have solutions....watch this space!










No comments:

Post a Comment