Total Pageviews

Sunday 1 November 2015

1st November, 2015..."Season of mist and mellow fruitfulness..."!

What an extraordinary few days of weather....must have been exactly what John Keats had in mind when he wrote his ode To Autumn! Looking glorious down at Furness Abbey, with no breath of wind and swirling mist....

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Frankie is growing at an alarming rate...sometimes he is taller in the morning than when he went to bed the evening before!
 
 
So, on an extremely misty All Saints Day, we headed down to Abbey Mill for a celebration breakfast....celebrating next weeks return to work that is!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
Brrrr....but lovely and welcoming inside!
 
 
 
 
 
Can't have breakfast without 'My Little Pony'! Then off we trudged through the mist, to get ready for tomorrow....we always call this next bit of term 'Christmas Madness' and I'm sure every primary teacher will know what we mean!
 
 
Abbey House is looking lovely at the moment too...I did laugh when I was told about the tee-pee weddings taking place there at the moment...in my mind I had imagined a small Arapaho tent with Native American markings.....not THIS.....
 
 
...two of them, and they are MASSIVE! And they remind me of the smell of scout camp when I was little!! It does look lovely in the grounds though.....
 
 
 
 
....lovely wedding venue...if that's what you're looking for!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment